Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Black Island Farm

So this is a picture post. Few words, just pics!








Kamden

A short post with many words.


So Kamden was running around in our bathroom, slipped on some water and did a nose dive into the tile. He ended up with a nice lac above his left eye and 8 stitches. Ugh, I was so frustrated. They couldn't use any topical numbing cream because the lac was so close to the eye. It took four of us to hold him down while the injected him with lidocaine. Seriously, this was so hard for me. You would think being a nurse, that I would be use to this. However, it's completely different when it's your OWN child. About half way through the procedure Kamden started screaming, "Mommy, I'm done. All done. Mommy, I'm done." I just wanted to be able to hold him and comfort him. Also, I guess Kamden wasn't competely numb when they started the suturing. He started screaming with the first couple of sutures. I just felt so bad for the little guy!

8 comments:

sarah and jeremy said...

Oh man I have a hard time when they get their shots at checkups! Poor little guy.

Tawnya said...

Oh dang! I guess a boy's not a boy until he's put a big gash in his head. Your kids are too cute.

cathy said...

It's so hard watching them hurt in anyway-I swear the emotional hurt is so much worse though!!!!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

That is so hard!! I know it is way harder when it is your own. I was helping them suture a little boy that was Braxton age and I started thinking about having to do that to Braxton and I about started crying! I can't imagine!

Lindsey said...

UGH! My tummy just got knots over poor Kamden's stitches. That same thing happened to Emma at 17 months. Different fall, but stitches above the eye. You're a good mom to stay there with him. I left while they did the stitches and just Ryan had to hold her down. He said it was the saddest thing ever! They eventually forget about it. We kept Mederma on the scar ALL the time, but it didn't completely heel. Bad news is that being a girl and all she'll probably be self concious about it the rest of her life. But I'm not going to bring it up if she doesn't. Also, where is that farm you went to? I've only been to Corn Bellys which is the way freak down in Alpine. I would love to know of one closer.

Cyn said...

Oh the poor little guy, that looks like it hurts so bad! I'm sorry for you too, I just couldn't imagine, breaks my heart thinking about it.

Matt, Lynette and Haley said...

Kalli and Kamden are so dang cute!!!!! They get their looks from their pretty mommy. I can't imagine having to go through that with Kamden. I'm sorry!!! That must have been so hard. I hope he's doing ok now!

courtney said...

So, I never even knew about this until the kids were at our house and mom was looking at his scar and she told me about it. WOW poor little guy. Kamden's tough though. I'm always surprised at how much he puts up with when Kalli is beating him up. She must take after her mommy. Just kidding ;)